Monday, 7 September 2026
Type 2 Diabetes Management: How I Dropped My Blood Sugar From 14.0 to 5.5.
I’m 42. I live in Port Moresby, and like millions in the US, UK, Australia and Canada, I thought diabetes was something I could “deal with later.”
My checkup said otherwise:
Blood Sugar: 14.0 mmol/L | Weight: 90kg | BP: 140/90.
The doctor warned me about heart disease, nerve damage, and hospital costs. In the US that’s $9,600/year average. In the UK it’s NHS waiting lists. In AU and CA, it’s lifelong medication.
I got scared. But I also got a plan.
What actually worked for me.
1. Diabetes Management Through Food.
I cut soda, white bread, and takeaways. Added more vegetables, lean protein, and water.
In the US this is called a “low-carb meal plan”. In the UK it’s “NHS Eatwell Guide”. In AU it’s “Healthy Eating Plate”.
Simple rule: Plate = 1/2 veg, 1/4 protein, 1/4 whole grains.
2. Daily Movement.
No gym. Just 60 min walking, 5 days a week. My partner and I do it together.
CDC recommends 150 min/week. NHS recommends 30 min/day. Same goal: move.
3. Medical Support + Consistency.
Monthly checkups. Taken my Metformin on time. Tracked blood sugar with a home glucose meter.
In US: Covered by most insurance + Medicare DPP
In UK: Ask your GP about NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
In AU: See Diabetes Australia for free support
In CA: Diabetes Canada has free resources
6 Months Later.
Weight: 90kg → 80kg
A1C/Blood Sugar: 14.0 → 5.5
BP: 140/90 → 120/80
Type 2 diabetes isn’t cured. But it _is_ managed. And I feel 10 years younger.
If you’re in the US, UK, AU or CA reading this:
Don’t wait for complications. Talk to your doctor today.
Small steps work: water instead of soda, a walk after dinner, one home-cooked meal.
You’ve got this. And you’re not alone.
Free Resources:
πΊπΈ US: http://cdc.gov/diabetes
π¬π§ UK: http://nhs.uk/conditions/type-2-diabetes
π¦πΊ AU: http://diabetesaustralia.com.au
π¨π¦ CA: http://diabetes.ca
#DiabetesManagement #Type2DiabetesLifestyle #CDC #NHS #DiabetesAustralia #DiabetesCanada
---
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Type 2 Diabetes Management: How I Dropped My Blood Sugar From 14.0 to 5.5.
I’m 42. I live in Port Moresby, and like millions in the US, UK, Australia and Canada, I thought diabetes was something I could “deal with l...
-
Full blown AIDS The HIV spreads quickly due to a combination of factors. 1. Transmission Routes: HIV can be transmitted through sexual co...
-
This information is very, very IMPORTANT . AIDS patient . Take it seriously. Take time to read it, absorb it, and understand it to act on i...
-
Betel nut, in Melanesian Tok-Pisin it's called buai. It's a seed, covered with hard skin/cover. It's grown on an areca palm tre...
-
Diabetes Amupuated leg The six early signs and symptoms of diabetes. If you experience any of following, do check-up with medical profession...
-
Full blown AIDS patient Veronica, a full-blown AIDS patient, was single and 26 years old when she was diagnosed. She was the first of fi...
-
Cholesterol build-up narrowing blood vessel. The presence of high cholesterol levels is a health risk. If no actions are taken to lower the ...
-
Papua New Guineans are not seeking the benefits of professional counselling services. It plays an important role in saving the lives of peop...
-
Diabetes claimed the life of a millionaire. PNG 100 kina note money This is a true-life story of a son of a subsistence farmer who worked ti...
-
Stroke is undeniably one of the Types of stroke images leading causes of death worldwide, claiming numerous lives each year. There are seve...
-
Beautifu Women with HIV . Introduction : HIV, or Human Immunodeficiency Virus, remains a significant public health concern worldwide. Contra...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!
hlbpng